Interested in meeting one of the “Kritters” available through Kat’s Kritters Rescue & potentially adopting a new furry family member? Here’s how to make it happen!
- Submit an Adoption Application
- Apply online using the apply online tab found under “Adopt” tab at the top of the page.
- This form is required before a meet & greet will be arranged. It is important to answer all questions thoroughly & honestly. Our goal is to find the best suited home for each animal’s specific needs. We want to find forever homes where both the animal and the human are set up to succeed. Please understand that while your application may be declined for a certain animal, it simply means that another animal might be a better fit for your lifestyle. Our #1 priority as a rescue is to do what we feel is best for the animals in our care.
- Once your adoption application has been processed & approved, we will get in touch with you, or put you in touch with the foster family, to arrange a Meet & Greet.
- **NOTE: The rescue is NOT located in Winnipeg, however is only about 30-40 minutes away and is well worth the drive! Meet and greets will occur at the rescue’s main location, south of Sperling, MB. You will be expected to travel to where the dog or cat is located to attend the meet and greet and adopt. We will not “deliver” a pet to you!
- The meet and greet is to give both you and the animal a chance to get to know one another to determine how everyone feels and interacts with one another. We strongly encourage all family members that the animal will be expected to live or interact with regularly, to attend the meet and greet. Kittens and puppies can start having meet and greets at 8 weeks of age, but will not be released to adopters until they are spayed/neutered (usually between 10-12 weeks of age).
- Adoption Agreement(Contract) & Collection of Adoption Fees
- All adopters must sign an adoption agreement agreeing to the terms & conditions set out by the rescue. (If you wish to see a copy of the agreement terms & conditions in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org). At this time, the Adoption fee is required to be paid in full as well. (See our full fee schedule).
- Start a Happy Forever After with Your New Fur “Kritter(s)”!
- The first 2 weeks following adoption are considered an Adoption Trial period. If, during this time, it is decided that the adoption is not going to work out then arrangements will be made to have the animal returned to rescue and a full refund of adoption fees paid (minus any money or items given as a donation) will be given. Even beyond the trial period, no matter how much time has passed, if for any reason you can no longer keep the adopted animal it MUST be returned to the rescue (this is part of the contract) although no fees will be refunded past the trial period.
In most cases, steps 2, 3 & 4 can be combined to occur at the same time.
We require all cats to be transported in a carrier and all dogs on a leash. Adopters must supply carriers, collars, leashes for their new companion.
You will be given your adopted pet’s health records at this time as well.
Thank you for considering adoption as an option!